Provides embedded software design and development for wireless charging systems for electric vehicles. Responsible for development activities in an environment with defined requirements and implementation approaches with the introduction of new technologies. Requires the driving of closure of low to moderate levels of undefined/unknown requirements and implementation approaches focused on new software or feature development, and existing modifications. Develop, maintain and track interface documentation.
- Architect, design and develop embedded software for wireless charging systems including board configuration, run-time diagnostics, drivers and user-land applications
- Responsible for full device lifecycle development from low-level (drivers, diagnostics and board bring up) to embedded applications including networking, business-logic and configuration management.
- Work side by side with hardware engineers to bring up new boards and systems, debug potential hardware issues, evaluate hardware architectures, board schematics/layout and third-party chipsets from the software perspective.
- Develop interface documentation and inspection tools as needed. Design and develop test systems with complete documentation to hand off to the test engineering team.
- Design, develop and integrate industry standard communication interfaces with vehicle manufacturers, utility companies, and charging network providers.
- Responsible for working with Compliance Engineering for software requirements of safety systems including UL/CE Compliance and SAE Compliance as applicable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in product design and development lifecycles including requirements specification, architecture, design, implementation, integration, testing, configuration management, and bug tracking.
- Experience with all low-level software development for custom boards running Linux, including boot loader, U-Boot, kernel, drivers, and application management.
- Experience with embedded software using C/C++ in a Linux environment.
- Experience with web-based API technologies including WebSocket, JSON, etc.
- Experience using ARM Cortex A8/A9 processors including TI Sitara AM335x and Freescale i.MX6.
- Familiar with hardware interfaces including: I2C, SPI, PWM, CAN, UART, USB, ADC, DAC, Ethernet, MODBUS, etc.
- Familiar with electric vehicles and/or EV charging stations.
- Familiar with industry standard communication interfaces including OCPP and OpenADR.
- Familiar with real-time operating systems including TI-RTOS and FreeRTOS/SafeRTOS.
- Familiar with MISRA C software development guidelines.
- Ability to work across functional areas that include development, documentation, support, marketing and sales.
- Excellent leadership, written and verbal communications skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS required and MS preferred in computer science or electrical engineering or equivalent technical experience
- 3+ years of experience.
- As needed to support integration.
ABOUT MOMENTUM DYNAMICS:
Momentum Dynamics Corporation is the global leader in high-power wireless charging for electric vehicles. The company’s proprietary magnetic induction system offers commercial and passenger electric and hybrid vehicles the ability to charge their batteries under all weather conditions with completely automatic operation. Drivers no longer need to plug their vehicles into a charging station, and can charge routinely to achieve a full charge, and also “opportunistically” while traveling from destination to destination to achieve longer vehicle driving ranges. Momentum’s systems for electric vehicles have been demonstrated with multiple vehicle types and can be installed at prices comparable to Level 2 plug-in public chargers. This technology is compatible with today’s electric vehicle technology but is designed to meet the needs of tomorrow’s more advanced vehicles.
If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Principals only.