Manage and mentor the mechanical engineering team through mechanical design, development and implementation. Provide hands-on mechanical design and development efforts. Lead development activities in an environment with new and emerging technologies and provide development of requirements and implementation approaches.
- Manage team of mechanical engineers through the requirement, design and development processes.
- Mentor engineers and manage performance of the mechanical team.
- Hands on technical contributor and project leader for the mechanical engineering team.
- Lead and collaborate with other engineers throughout the Development, Test, Manufacturing, and Operations teams.
- Effectively identify and resolve mechanical design issues and drive these issues to closure.
- Define and write design documents and project plans.
- Define product electro-mechanical packaging and associated assembly drawings.
- Develop fixes for mechanical design issues and make recommendations for enhancements to resolve customer problems.
- Develop and review project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design and development of product.
- Document technical issues, changes to assembly drawings, BOMs, fabrication drawings, etc.
- Lead and participate in technical reviews.
- Provide regular status and progress towards milestones with program leaders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with industry standard requirements including UL 2202, UL 50 and UL 908.
- Experience with analysis and design of packaging for power electronics and/or industrial equipment.
- Experience with thermal and stress analysis.
- Experience working with electric vehicles and/or EV charging stations preferred.
- Experience with Solidworks development environment preferred.
- Excellent leadership, written and verbal communications skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience.
- 2+ years in a technical leadership role.
ABOUT MOMENTUM DYNAMICS:
Momentum Dynamics Corporation is the global leader in high-power wireless charging for electric vehicles. The company’s proprietary magnetic induction system offers commercial and passenger electric and hybrid vehicles the ability to charge their batteries under all weather conditions with completely automatic operation. Drivers no longer need to plug their vehicles into a charging station, and can charge routinely to achieve a full charge, and also “opportunistically” while traveling from destination to destination to achieve longer vehicle driving ranges. Momentum’s systems for electric vehicles have been demonstrated with multiple vehicle types and can be installed at prices comparable to Level 2 plug-in public chargers. This technology is compatible with today’s electric vehicle technology but is designed to meet the needs of tomorrow’s more advanced vehicles.
If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Principals only.