Provide hands on power engineering for the company’s power electronics architecture, design and development efforts. Lead overall Power Electronics architecture and development activities in an environment where there is the introduction of new technologies. Requires the driving to closure of high levels of undefined/unknown customer/marketing requirements and implementation approaches. Provide technical guidance to more junior engineers, lead development activities. Develop, maintain, and track design documents/requirements/specifications for in-house products. Follow and improve development processes/procedures, provide guidance to Sr. Management regarding technology trends/directions.
- Design circuits and complex systems; building and testing them with the support of a team of engineers and technicians.
- Assess competing solutions and make appropriate choices and recommendations for the company’s products.
- Generate requirements and work with external vendors, if appropriate, to implement and validate them on our products.
- Work with standards organizations to assure and validate compliance with device interoperability and safety standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 8 years full time design experience required as a power electronics design engineer. A background in induction furnaces, resonant power converters or other high-power power conversion electronics is consistent with the area of expertise we seek.
- Thorough knowledge of high power inverter design.
- Thorough knowledge of analog circuit design, using discrete components and analog function IC’s.
- Proven experience with digital logic circuits, microcontroller and microprocessor-based designs, memory technologies.
- Experience with power factor controller (PFC) design.
- Must have some experience working as part of a team developing new technology and new products.
- Proficiency with oscilloscopes, network analyzers, LC meters, and a broad practical knowledge of EE lab equipment, such as digital multimeters, and data logging equipment.
- Experience with lab automation software, such as LabView or similar a big plus.
- Proficiency with modeling software such as Spice or equivalent.
- Proficiency with Orcad or similar schematic design software.
- Familiarity with Orcad or similar PCB layout tool.
- Experience programming in python, Matlab, etc. desirable.
- Must have the ability to mentor and lead more junior engineers.
- Excellent leadership, written and verbal communications skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required, focus in Power Engineering preferred. MS EE a plus.
- 8+ years of experience.
- 2 years in a technical project leadership role.
- Automotive industry experience would be an additional plus, though not required.
- A history of patents (US or foreign) is desirable but not required.
ABOUT MOMENTUM DYNAMICS:
Momentum Dynamics Corporation is the global leader in high-power wireless charging for electric vehicles. The company’s proprietary magnetic induction system offers commercial and passenger electric and hybrid vehicles the ability to charge their batteries under all weather conditions with completely automatic operation. Drivers no longer need to plug their vehicles into a charging station, and can charge routinely to achieve a full charge, and also “opportunistically” while traveling from destination to destination to achieve longer vehicle driving ranges. Momentum’s systems for electric vehicles have been demonstrated with multiple vehicle types and can be installed at prices comparable to Level 2 plug-in public chargers. This technology is compatible with today’s electric vehicle technology but is designed to meet the needs of tomorrow’s more advanced vehicles.
If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Principals only.